1. I declare, as a condition of entry into the event, that I have sufficiently trained for this event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause me or any other person injury or death while participating in the event. The Australian Childhood Foundation may refuse to allow me to participate in the event for the safety of myself or others.
2. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury and acknowledge that I will be responsible for my own health and safety during the event. If I observe any safety risk during the event, I agree to notify the event organisers immediately and take all practicable steps to ensure my own health and safety and the safety of others. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of my participation in this event or any breach of these terms. This release shall extend to and include The Australian Childhood Foundation and its related companies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever, and promoters and sponsors. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
3. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of event medical and paramedical personnel in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me as the result of my participation in the event.
4. I agree to abide by the event rules and conditions and agree that the event organisers may, at their absolute discretion, vary the event rules and conditions without prior notice to me.
5. I acknowledge that the entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
6. My entry in this event is not transferable to any other person.
7. I consent to the free publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, photograph, image, voice, interview, appearance, statement or otherwise, without payment or compensation.
8. I agree to The Australian Childhood Foundation entering my personal details contained on the entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event and which may also be used for future marketing and promotional purposes (including electronic messages) by The Australian Childhood Foundation. My personal details will not be disclosed by The Australian Childhood Foundation to a third party except third parties who provide assistance with such administration of the event and marketing and promotional purposes (including but not limited to electronic messages). I acknowledge that I will not be registered in this event if I fail to provide such information.
9. I agree that the terms and conditions contained in this entry form shall be construed broadly to provide a release, indemnity and waiver to all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event of any liability for theft, loss, injury or other damage to personal property to the maximum extent permitted by law.
10. I declare that all the information supplied by me on this entry form is true and correct. I certify that I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or guardian of the competitor, I agree to the above for myself and on behalf of my child and I indemnify and will keep indemnified all people and corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event on the terms referred to.
11. I agree that my entry form and payment is valid only for the distance/event I have nominated.
1. Only entries submitted on the official entry form, either hard copy or online will be accepted.
2. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the events or events is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Each participant must assemble behind the designated starting line, await the official start and then proceed on the approved course.
4. The event organisers reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel any entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of the organisers, the participant is unable to complete the event.
5. All competitors must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials and the police.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Entrants under the age of 18 must be with a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to participate.
The Australian Childhood Foundation understands the importance of protecting the privacy of individuals and complies with the relevant legislation to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information collected. The Australian Childhood Foundation will retain the information on this form for the purpose of notifying you of The Australian Childhood Foundation’s works and future events.
The Australian Childhood Foundation organisers strive to ensure that they provide a duty of care to all participants and staff, with the wellbeing of individuals being of highest importance. In cases of extreme weather or other emergencies, the event organisers will make the decision to cancel the event. Notice of event cancellations will be made at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Notification of cancellation will be posted on the homepage of http://www.childhood.org.au/.
Cancelled events will not be rescheduled.
No refunds will be given if the event is cancelled.
1. The Promoter is The Australian Childhood Foundation.
2. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the event on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
3. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this event, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this event including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
4. The Australian Childhood Foundation and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.